Saturday, February 28, 2009

Genting Trip

There is quite a long time since I last visited Genting Highlands, that is when I was in primary Six. I went there with my parents and sister 3 days ago, and I just couldn’t wait to share with you all about my memorable trip. Haha, read further down and you will get to know what so “memorable”…That day we went was not a nice day as it was raining but the weather is still fine, not really cold. Our bus stopped us half way before we got to Genting, leaving us there to have our lunch. The driver recommended us the “Cha Siew” rice. A plate of normal rice with a few of Cha Siew and slices of cucumbers cost us RM12, probably about 4 times you eat it in Sha Ka lo(三角路, a famous hawker center in Malacca).And the worst was, it tasted too badly. No choice but to finish it up due to our empty stomach.Feeling as if I was using English Pound for that meal. Many people, most of them from local also there by the time we reached the peak. I wondered how badly the repercussion of global economic downturn was where our people still have so much extra money to spend for tours. Maybe what our finance minister said was true---we are the only country in the world which does not get affected due to the recent recessions. Haha….What do you think?

As there were so many people and we had to wait for about one hour to get our room key, we were roaming around to get some fresh, cool breeze outside. Not much changes to the place though, and we managed to come back to the lobby just in time to get our room key after an hour later. As my parents and sister were all above 21 years old, which the minimum required age to enter casino, and I was the only one “small boy” under 21, I started to worry if I could escape from the casino officer’s request to check my IC. We went straight to casino after leaving our luggage in the room. I followed my parents went through the arch at the entrance of the casino named “Star World”. “Hey uncle, please show me your IC”, and I was stunned by that request. Hiaz…I was kicked out while looking at my parents and my sister entered the casino. A bit angry and upset at the moment. My mind kept on thinking and complaining about my physical appearance. “ Is my face looks not enough mature? Am I looking like kid?” Just one year difference and I was caught (I am about 20 years old now).But I never gave up on that(wow, looks more determine than I am thinking a tough mathematics question…hehe!!)I went to the other entrance of the casino, but with the same fate too…felt so sad and depressed for my second failure to enter.

I went for a meal in KFC alone while waiting for my parents and sister. It was extremely boring till I could even fall asleep. A O.R. fillet burger with a cup of coke were my companions for almost one and the half hours. At 6.30pm, we went to have dinner in the hotel and I was shocked to meet a person, Mr.Poh, the greatest physics teacher I had in my six-form life. What a coincidence! I just couldn’t imagine meeting him in such place. If I score an A for my STPM physics paper, he would be the greatest contributor to my A’s. I truly appreciate to have such good physics teacher. Knowing him could always remind me for another physics teacher when I was in Form 4.
We went to the other casino after the meal. I murmured to myself that I was going to succeed this time. I felt absolutely depressed when once again being blocked at the entrance of “Casino de Genting”.Damn!!!!Nonetheless, this didn’t stop me for my eagerness to enter a casino. And last and last of try, due to my tenacity, God finally pity me. I successfully made myself into the casino when I was joining a group of old men to enter the casino together.Haha!!!I made it, hooray!!!(This is the fourth time if you notice I failed to enter for the first 3 times) Poker, Tai-sai, blackjade, Roulette, jackpot and ect…you name it! There was also music band in the casino. What an eye-opening experience for me. Staying there till midnight and my father won few hundreds dollars, fortunately.

Having breakfast and lunch the next day before getting down from the highlands. The food there all with astronomical prices, like you were having “golden meal.” Taking some pictures together while waiting for the bus. Well, quite a tiring trip but I enjoyed tremendously along the whole journey.
The weather there....
this costs me RM15.00!!!













This lagi jialat....RM16.50! and not nice to eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.