I just read a book entitled “The Last Lecture” by a famous professor, Randy Pausch. I am impressed by the way he perceives at his own life after he got tumors in his pancreas, which then develops into pancreatic cancer. Randy described the cancer as “the elephant in the room”, and he and his wife, Jai were so saddened when the bad news came to him, without any warning. Randy shared his own life experiences--the way he perceives certain thing at a different angle, and to teach the young how to live themselves to the fullest. Many experiences and examples shared show a lot of good qualities that everybody should possess, for instances, showing gratitude, the importance of humility, indomitable spirit, and etc. He also stressed on everyone should have a childhood dream, and never stop at trying something which maybe seemed as an illusion. And a lot more things you can figure them out if you’ve read the book. Randy, unfortunately died at the age of 47, but his spirit to fight against cancer send a very important message to those who suffer cancer , ie, be optimistic, and do whatever you want to do when you are capable of it.And the other healthy people should learn to have good time management--time must be explicitly managed, like money. I truly admire this person’s spirit and the book he wrote really make me realize how important our lives are. Indeed, he fully earn my respect.Here is a short speech given by Randy, and it’s the speech that Randy was preparing all the while for his three little children, Dylan, Logan, and Chloe. Even though this speech was given at about two years ago, that is on December 2007, I still keep it now and open it whenever I’m free, just to motivate myself actually. It is extremely fantastic and fabulous. Just buy the book if I have piqued anyone’s interests.
hey, i heard of this guy also, watched a lecture by him during my general paper lesson, which was really meaningful and touching
ReplyDelete