Today is the end of my first semester week in my university life. I’m tired.
If someone thinks that university life is the most free and relaxing period, maybe he or she is correct ( he or she might come to university just for vacation). However, for me, it does not seem to be totally correct.
Many would say that Form 6 is the hardest and toughest times for them, and they can only enjoy themselves when entering university. For me, I feel that I was wrong when I said that Form 6 is tough. You will understand when you start entering university.
“I have less time!! Too many homework today!” These were what I used to heard during my Form 6 life and sometimes I also felt that way too. But now, I realize Form 6 has much more free time compared to university life, though some of you might say that,” you are by yourself in university, free from the surveillance from your parents. You can do whatever you like. You are totally as free as a bird.” By the time some of you guys start your university life, I guess many of you would say that home is the best.
I will have my lecture at 4pm later. It seems to be so relaxing. But the workloads of the FIRST 4 days of my FIRST week can make me barely able to breathe. I have to organize and manage my time well. TIME MANAGEMENT is important!
I am a person who is not that smart when comes to recognizing the way to my lecture hall, where is the place to buy books and lecture notes, and so forth. Even in the library, I also don’t know where to find the book I need and might get “lost”. Too big? I don’t think so as I am the only one who will get “lost” in the “jungle of book”. My senior has been telling me that,” hey, you must learn to be smarter. If not, this will be a disadvantage to you.” I realize that it’s time for me to get out of my comfort zone. Learn to be independent and of course, be SMART!!
Some of the lectures, for example, economics, I actually did not understand what was the lecture all about. It’s only when I study by myself, I start to grasp the topic. Is the lecturer not good? She was of that enthusiastic that day, but, sad enough to say that, I fell asleep that day. Sorry.
Now I start have the mood and feeling to study after nearly 8-months of break. Students here are of that hardworking and smart. You’ll be far lagging behind if you do not follow the lectures, with full concentration being paid to each of them.
This is my thoughts about the first week. I hope I am able to adapt to the lifestyle of NUS as fast as possible. Time and tides wait for no man. I feel it now.
wilson. are you taking economics? good for you... I am taking economics too in this semester. what economics are you doing? micro or macro?
ReplyDeleteI take economics this semester too! It's principle of economics. I guess it's a basic module for guys like me who have never learnt economics before.Haha! By the way, how's your life recently?
ReplyDelete