Friday, January 30, 2009

Chinese New Year's Gathering

As usual, yesterday, that was the third day of Chinese New Year, we 5Sc1 students would have gathering as our annual activity. It all started from Jing Shin’s house, but sad to say that I had missed his house actually. I was awakened by Jong Yi’s call when I was having my sweet dream. Oh no!! It was 9.17 am.! And the time that we had promised for the gathering was 8.30 am. Then, I just wait for all of them at my house as my house was the second station. Surprise to notice that there were new members for the gathering-Yee Leng (Meng Huat’s sister), Michelle and Joelyn. Well, they all were my classmates but had never joined us for this activity before. We all had a great fun during the house-to-house visit and also met friends who had “hidden” for quite a long time.Hehe….that was Gue Chong Yang (Former form 3 classmates).

I feel glad to have group of friends like that who still never forget each other and mix well together albeit heading towards different directions in their life. Some take engineering, some study medicine while some prefer accountancy. And the most important thing for this gathering is the sharing of life experiences that all of us had come across after secondary education. For this gathering, Gue and Chee Seng shared the same experience in their school life, which make me realize the “true face” of our education system.Chee Seng is a JPA scholar and he had attended a camp called “Biro Tatanegara”.(not very sure, if wrong please remind me for the change. Thanks, Chee Seng) The main aim of the camp I am not very sure, but I guess it was something about the status quo and the rights as citizens of Malaysia. Well, suprise that Chee Seng told us that this camp was torturing both mentally and physically.Gue was selected to join MARA after his lower secondary education in GBS to further his O-level educations(form 4&5) in MARA school. He told us that how the education policy was there, which makes me realise the way they produce “the cream of the students”.(you know I know, needless to elaborate more in detail). Besides, the schools are well equipped with facilities, especially those lab apparatus which are costly.

I am now waiting for my result after STPM examination. And by the time when my result is out, I will have to decide whether to further my studies locally or overseas. Overseas is good in the sense that the certificate obtained may be more prestigious, in addition that we will have chance to understand and appreciate the cultures of people in foreign country. But it is hundreds and thousands times costlier than study locally. However, in the same time, the “true face” of our education system is actually based on “colourity” instead of meritocracy. What choice should I make which could be called the best choice? I really come to a fork of life which is hard to be decided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.