I was in Singapore from 3rd to 5th of May, with NTU as my main visited place.
I went to Jurong East to have a look before proceeding to my sister’s hostel. There’s been upgrading and now a new building is set up, called Jurong East 2. Had “yogurt ice-cream” there and it was quite nice.
Walking around NTU after leaving my luggage in the room. The conservatory of Art and Design was spectacular, with a mini meadow on top of it.
Having my dinner at McD in the university, and my advice is, don’t have your western meal in Singapore. Even in the university, it is much more expensive compared to Malaysia.
And it was a tiring day, as I watched a drama series with my sister till 3 o’clock in the morning.
During the 2nd day, I woke up at 9.30am. Following my sister to attend a talk about A*STAR GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP. Well, the allowance of the scholarship is really attractive, with SGD 3300 per month and working various companies throughout the world, where all the traveling and expenses are paid by the university. I hope to get it by the time I’m a graduate.
Meet up with my seniors, Meng Han and Yoke Theng when we’re having our dinner. That’s a non-stop conversations between us since Yoke Theng is one of our “child partners” (we’ve known each other since we’re young and often played together). As for Meng Han, I was discussing with him about the scholarships offered by NTU and his life in NTU.
Visiting NTU’s library, computer’s room, laboratories, and so on after filling up my stomach. There was also a gymnasium and a pool mainly for kayak. An apple pie form McD ended my second day.
As for the 3rd day, we went to visit NUS in the morning. Personally, I feel that NUS is much better as the accessibility is better as compared to NTU. NUS is a small and compact university and I am able to access to everywhere by just walking. For NTU, many uphill slopes are there and I got myself drenched up with perspiration even though just had a short-distance walking. Going to Bugis to have some window shopping before we packed up our luggage. Reaching Malacca at 10.00pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.